Gallery Cosplay
Cosplay
Today Cosplay
Cosplay

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Farewell, Saya…

Many of you have probably already heard the news, but I didn’t want to post this until I confirmed it myself… Sadly, it appears the rumor regarding Miss Saya’s untimely death appears to be true.

cosplayer saya in a wedding dress

According to her little sister, Miss Saya (沙谷) passed away at 5:27 am on the 15th of March due to an accident. There are no further details as of yet, and there isn’t much we can do at this point because we don’t even know what Miss Saya’s real name is.

In her official blog, however, Miss Saya did confirm that she was not affected by the recent earthquake, not the tsunami that is devastating Japan up until now. Her facebook fanpage has also confirmed that her death was not caused by suicide, nor is the news any sort of sick April Fool’s joke; as there have been rumors that Saya was retiring from cosplaying.

For me, I am a huge fan of Miss Saya’s. And as a tribute to her, I would like to ask my readers to help me find some of her cosplay photos that I have yet to feature on Cosplay Holic for the entire month of April (You can contribute by sending me an email via kurohiko at gmail dot com). Although I can’t feature her every single day, I would like to do as much as I can to show that we, her fans, will never forget her.

Rest in peace, Miss Saya… I wish I had met you before you had gone… My thanks to Tina, St. Arcana, and Katserest for letting me know about this sad news.

Visitor