Gallery Cosplay
Cosplay
Today Cosplay
Cosplay

Friday, September 2, 2011

A Message from the Admin: Plagiarism

Hi everyone!

This is Mei, your local cosplay fanatic. :)

Recently, I found out that viewership of Cosplay Holic has gone down significantly. I decided to do a little checking and lo and behold; I found 5 blogs copy-pasting Cosplay Holic’s content, article and photo as well as links!

I don’t know if that has anything to do with why viewership is down, but because of this discovery, I’ve disabled right-clicking for the site. I’m really sorry about that! I know some people use right-clicking to open new posts on new tabs, but I don’t know what else to do!

I’ve reported them to DMCA, but each article has to be posted link-by-link! Worse, once I take down 1 article, they’ll just copy and post 10 more!

I could just post the URLs here, but if I do that, they will get a ton of new visitors, which will in turn, get them a ton of money from AdSense and other ads posted on their blog. (And their sites are riddled with a ridiculous amount of ads! I probably accidentally clicked some of them because I was reporting them!)

Unfair isn’t it? I can’t take legal action because the photos aren’t mine, only the articles are! If you are wondering how I know a lot about the characters, I search about them on Wikipedia, read about them, then write an article with my own words.

The reason why I made a site like this is so that I can properly link back the photos to the cosplayers or the photographers since I was getting sick of all the cosplay photos that I find on the net that aren’t linked back to the cosplayers’ or photographers’ sites, giving them proper credit! But I guess my plan has backfired.

I’m not sure what to do at this point. Reporting them to DMCA one by one is more trouble that it’s worth, and it’s not as if they are stopping either.

So, if you were able to read through all that, and have an idea as to how I can make these people stop, feel free to comment! I would appreciate any help right now because… it’s really unfair, annoying, and disheartening.

Lots of Love,

Mei~

Visitor